Lindsay C. Cutshall
[09/09/81 - 08/15/04]

Lindsay & Jason
Jason S. Allen
[05/16/78 - 08/15/04]

♥ "The sun is going down on the horizon, and all I see is the beams shining on the cliff face, and I know that God is awesome. I look around and see His Creation all around me." --Lindsay ♥                                                                                 ♥ "As I stir this Mac & Cheese, I think to myself, what a wonderful life. I've just spent two awesome days with my fiance, Lindsay. Can life ever be so perfect? Only with a person who is so great. God gives me this privilege in life and He has given me a wonderful woman to enjoy it with." --Jason ♥                                                                                 ♥ "Live for things in heaven, not on earth." --Lindsay ♥                                                                                 ♥ "Heaven will be a wonderful place of no suffering, hurt, loneliness; it's a great thing to look forward to." --Lindsay ♥

Friday, September 09, 2005

Happy 24th Birthday to Lindsay...

Today, Lindsay would have turned 24. I wonder if God celebrates birthdays in heaven. :) I know that's probably a silly thought... but birthdays are important events during our earthly life... I just wonder if God values them in our eternal life. Nonetheless, my heart is heavy today as I think about Lindsay's birthday... I can't help it. I wonder what she and Jason would have done today to celebrate this occasion had they still been here... and that thought tugs on my heartstrings. I still cry a lot when I think about Jason and Lindsay... sometimes I can hardly believe that they really died in such a horrific way... but I am so grateful for the lessons God has taught so many throughout all of this. God has not let opportunities pass to mold people's hearts. It's like He scooped us up into His loving hands and shaped and refined our character, faith, perspectives, etc... and all while He comforted us and sheltered us from the storm. He is so amazing... glorious and sovereign...


Lindsay


In rememberance of Lindsay Christine Cutshall's 24th birthday and her legacy of faith, I asked a family friend of the Cutshall's to share with me a memory of Lindsay that I could post here...

I remember so much, she was such a happy child and young lady... always smiling. She always liked to challenge herself. I remember her having a motorcycle when she got her license. It was funny seeing her (this petite little girl) riding a motorcycle around the church parking lot. She always was climbing trees and and rocks. I remember the last time I saw her... we were at Chris and Kathy's... it was for Jason's birthday. Lindsay was getting Jason "Long John Silver's" for dinner and she was late getting there. She was late because she got stopped for speeding :) because she didn't want to be late. Boy, did she get a lot of razzing! We all laughed and she laughed and dragged her foot along because we were calling her "lead foot." I really hated to leave that night, but it was a party for young people. There are a lot of things like that that I remember... mostly, I never heard her say a bad thing about anyone.

Memories are so sweet... such a precious gift that we can hold on to.

Unfortunately, I didn't get the opportunity to get to know Lindsay well while she was still alive. I met her once at her and Jason's dual wedding shower in May 2004. I am grateful that I will have an opportunity to get to know her in heaven... and tell her and Jason all about the lives that they touched in ways more profound than they can imagine. Blessings to the Cutshall's and the Allen's this day... keep them in your prayers.

God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

NOTE: To view all posts, please go to Archives (in right column).