Lindsay C. Cutshall
[09/09/81 - 08/15/04]

Lindsay & Jason
Jason S. Allen
[05/16/78 - 08/15/04]

♥ "The sun is going down on the horizon, and all I see is the beams shining on the cliff face, and I know that God is awesome. I look around and see His Creation all around me." --Lindsay ♥                                                                                 ♥ "As I stir this Mac & Cheese, I think to myself, what a wonderful life. I've just spent two awesome days with my fiance, Lindsay. Can life ever be so perfect? Only with a person who is so great. God gives me this privilege in life and He has given me a wonderful woman to enjoy it with." --Jason ♥                                                                                 ♥ "Live for things in heaven, not on earth." --Lindsay ♥                                                                                 ♥ "Heaven will be a wonderful place of no suffering, hurt, loneliness; it's a great thing to look forward to." --Lindsay ♥

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Fourteen years...

Today marks 14 years since Jason & Lindsay went home to be with Jesus. For over a decade, no real progress was made on their case and I really began to think that we would never have answers. Last year's breakthrough in the case was a huge answer to prayer, but at the same time, was really difficult. There was the face of the person who, in the early hours of August 15, 2004, took it upon himself to cruelly end the lives of two innocent people that he never knew. He forever changed the lives of the families and friends who were left reeling in the aftermath. But what he meant for evil, Jesus turned around for good. It doesn't mean his actions are in any way justified or okay, but it does mean that Jesus took the sting out of the tragedy by bringing about beautiful things, by His grace.


I came across an amazing song (I believe that God led me to it) that speaks SO perfectly to this tragedy and to what God's unwavering grace and love continues to teach us. ♥ Please listen to this entire song and let it wash over you. It is powerful:


Direct link here.


Today, we remember Jason & Lindsay for the sweet, funny and faith-driven people they were! They were young and adventurous... passionate about experiencing life to the fullest, but also serving the Lord! Their faith in Jesus was the foundation of their lives before they even met each other. God brought them together as they discovered their mutual interests and they were nearly inseparable from that point on. They would have had such an amazing marriage and life together! They were open to wherever God led them and it would have been a real blessing to have seen that journey unfold over the years. However, I do believe that God has redeemed the missing years of their journey here by giving them a lasting legacy, because it's a legacy that honors Him fully! All we can do is to strive to keep their memory and their legacy alive... and I will try to do that for as long as I live. I will certainly never forget them and I hope this blog helps, in some small way, to help others to never forget them either. ♥



Here are beautiful words from Jason's mom:

This morning in my devotions, I read Psalm 84. While reading it, memories of Jason and Lindsay's memorial service came flooding back. Alyn Goosen read this scripture during the service. As I read now, verses 3-7 stand out boldly as truth, because we experienced these very words.

"Happy are those who are strong in the Lord, who want above all else to follow your steps. When they walk through the Valley of Weeping, it will become a place of springs where pools of blessing and refreshment collect after the rains! They will grow constantly in strength and each of them is invited to meet with the Lord of Zion."

That is such a beautiful word picture. We will all walk through valleys of weeping during the course of our life, but Christ promises to be with us, and He will provide comfort, encouragement, and hope to go on.

We do not know for sure, what lies ahead now that Jason and Lindsay's case is progressing. There will be difficult days, but God will continue His perfect plan and provide everything we need.

Jason and Lindsay, we are one more year closer to spending eternity with you. We love you and miss you so very much, but we are comforted by the Hope we have in Jesus.

Love, Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

NOTE: To view all posts, please go to Archives (in right column).