Lindsay C. Cutshall
[09/09/81 - 08/15/04]

Lindsay & Jason
Jason S. Allen
[05/16/78 - 08/15/04]

♥ "The sun is going down on the horizon, and all I see is the beams shining on the cliff face, and I know that God is awesome. I look around and see His Creation all around me." --Lindsay ♥                                                                                 ♥ "As I stir this Mac & Cheese, I think to myself, what a wonderful life. I've just spent two awesome days with my fiance, Lindsay. Can life ever be so perfect? Only with a person who is so great. God gives me this privilege in life and He has given me a wonderful woman to enjoy it with." --Jason ♥                                                                                 ♥ "Live for things in heaven, not on earth." --Lindsay ♥                                                                                 ♥ "Heaven will be a wonderful place of no suffering, hurt, loneliness; it's a great thing to look forward to." --Lindsay ♥

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Very touching article...

I found this article (PDF) online, in which Jason and Lindsay's friends and family reflect on memories of their lives. It is very sweet and especially dear to me. Much of what people said about Jason reminded me of so many fun memories I have of Jason from growing up with him. In this article, Jason's dad recalls how Jason practically lived off of macaroni & cheese and peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. That made me laugh because Jason was like that even when we were kids. His mom makes the BEST macaroni & cheese... I always wanted to eat over at his house when his mom would make it. So it isn't any wonder to me why Jason still loved it. :) His mom also used to make us peanut butter & jelly sandwiches all the time and we would put our lunches in Jason's sister's toy picnic basket and hoist it up to the top of a tree in Jason's front yard. He called it the "tippy top" of the tree. We would both climb as high as we could get and eat our lunches up there. It's a fun memory. We did that ALL the time. :) We also used to play a lot of games with other neighborhood kids, many of whom I still am friends with. We played games like, "I Spy," "Red Rover," "Ghost in the Graveyard," etc... and we would make "haunted houses" in my basement and forts in my back yard. We had such a blast. I have awesome memories of my childhood with Jason and everyone else in my neighborhood. It breaks my heart that his life ended the way it did. He and Lindsay both had their whole lives ahead of them. I have so many unanswered questions and that stirs up so much anger and sadness. But I can't help but realize that God has always known, even before we each took our first breath, how long our lives would last. Our days here on earth are counted. We really need to take advantage of the time we have here and do what we can to make ourselves right with God. And Jason and Lindsay clearly did that. They lived their lives for God. They enjoyed God's Creation more than anyone else I know. They lived to enjoy what God gave us... and they were well aware that the beauty of this earth was from Him, and Him alone. Yet, this tragedy still cuts deep. I can't imagine what his family is going through. But they are able to make it through because of God. I don't think there would be any hope left if these people didn't have faith. God is clearly holding them all together right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

NOTE: To view all posts, please go to Archives (in right column).