Lindsay C. Cutshall
[09/09/81 - 08/15/04]

Lindsay & Jason
Jason S. Allen
[05/16/78 - 08/15/04]

♥ "The sun is going down on the horizon, and all I see is the beams shining on the cliff face, and I know that God is awesome. I look around and see His Creation all around me." --Lindsay ♥                                                                                 ♥ "As I stir this Mac & Cheese, I think to myself, what a wonderful life. I've just spent two awesome days with my fiance, Lindsay. Can life ever be so perfect? Only with a person who is so great. God gives me this privilege in life and He has given me a wonderful woman to enjoy it with." --Jason ♥                                                                                 ♥ "Live for things in heaven, not on earth." --Lindsay ♥                                                                                 ♥ "Heaven will be a wonderful place of no suffering, hurt, loneliness; it's a great thing to look forward to." --Lindsay ♥

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Approaching "anniversary" #2...

Tuesday of this week, August 15, will mark the two year "anniversary" of Jason & Lindsay's deaths. It is hard to believe that it actually has been two years already... yet in some ways it seems like it has been even longer than that.


I know that for many people who read this, who didn't know Jason & Lindsay personally or their families, this is just "another story." But they were real people with real character and faith and they had families and friends who love(d) them dearly. I have regrets about not keeping in touch with Jason in his last years. If I had only known what was going to happen to him... I would have made sure that I didn't lose touch. We were such good friends when we were growing up. Then life happened and we drifted apart. But that doesn't mean that he didn't mean anything to me anymore. I love his family like they are my own family... and it hurts so badly to see the pain that they have to live with now. But don't get me wrong... they are stronger than ever. God has clearly given them strength and peace that can only come from Him. They are fiercely determined to not let Satan have any victories in this... and to this day, he has had none. I'm sure Jason & Lindsay, if they know what is going on down here, are humbled and honored that God has used their story in such powerful ways. And I'm so grateful that I know where they are and that they're very much alive and safe in heaven... and that one day I'll be up there with them and I'll never lose touch again. How awesome is our God!!!


Here is an article that was featured today our local paper, The Holland Sentinel:


Seeking answers:
Parents hope visit to scene will bring new leads

Sunday, August 13, 2006


By TEREASA NIMS | Staff Writer

Jason Allen's parents on Tuesday will mark the two-year anniversary of his murder by going to an isolated California beach where he and his fiancee Lindsay Cutshall spent their last night together.

"It's not something I'm excited about or looking forward to," said Allen's mother, Delores.

Sonoma County sheriff's investigators said Allen, 26, of Holland Township, and Cutshall, 22, of Fresno, Ohio, were found shot to death on Aug. 18, 2004.

They were planning to be married in September 2004.

Authorities believe the murder occurred during the night of Aug. 14 or the early morning of Aug. 15, 2004.

The couple was working as counselors at Rock-N-Water, a Christian camp in El Dorado County, Calif.

Sonoma County Sheriff Lt. Dave Edmonds said investigators continue to search for leads to the find the killer.

"We want to solve this case," Edmonds said.

"It's still a very active case and we work on it daily," said Sgt. Robert Giordano, head of Sonoma County sheriff's violent crime unit.

In May the investigators released some of the evidence they recovered from around the crime scene. This included pictures of a beer bottle, a hat and some writings.

"That generated 140 to 150 tips," Giordano said. "Some of the tips we are still investigating."

Bob and Delores Allen and Cutshall's parents, Chris and Kathy Cutshall, hope they can help generate more leads by holding a press conference from the location where their children were killed.

The two couples have been in the area where the killings occurred, but this will be their first venture to the crime scene.

"I know it will be an emotional day," Delores Allen said.

The Cutshalls agree.

"It is not like we need to go," Chris Cutshall said. "We want to see where our kids were the very last time, but we don't need to. I don't know if I can explain it."

The couples have a common goal -- to see the person responsible for their children's murder held accountable.

"We really hope they can find whoever did this and bring them to justice," said Bob Allen.

"I never want anybody else to have to go through this," Delores Allen said.

Both couples, who only met once before their children were killed, say that they find strength in God and in each other. They agree it helps them make it through difficult times.

"They are family," said Kathy Cutshall about the Allens.

The Allens and Cutshalls spent the first anniversary together and they talk or e-mail each other at least once a week. The also visit each other three to four times a year.

"Kathy and Chris are a real source of strength for us," Delores Allen said. "We help each other through the rough times."

Although there has been no conviction in the case, Chris and Kathy Cutshall say they have a sense of closure.

"We do have closure in the sense that we know where (they) are (in God's hands)," Kathy Cutshall said.

It's an image the Allens share.

"But I don't think we will really have complete closure until the case is solved," Delores Allen said. "I think the sheriff's department is doing all they can and they are keeping us abreast of what's going on."

There is a $50,000 reward for information leading to the conviction of the person responsible for the murder.

Jason Allen is never far from his parents' thoughts.

"I think about the good times, especially when we went camping," Delores said. "Those were just really great times. Jason had a great since of humor and we always had a lot of fun."


Bob & Delores Allen
Bob & Delores Allen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

NOTE: To view all posts, please go to Archives (in right column).