Lindsay C. Cutshall
[09/09/81 - 08/15/04]

Lindsay & Jason
Jason S. Allen
[05/16/78 - 08/15/04]

♥ "The sun is going down on the horizon, and all I see is the beams shining on the cliff face, and I know that God is awesome. I look around and see His Creation all around me." --Lindsay ♥                                                                                 ♥ "As I stir this Mac & Cheese, I think to myself, what a wonderful life. I've just spent two awesome days with my fiance, Lindsay. Can life ever be so perfect? Only with a person who is so great. God gives me this privilege in life and He has given me a wonderful woman to enjoy it with." --Jason ♥                                                                                 ♥ "Live for things in heaven, not on earth." --Lindsay ♥                                                                                 ♥ "Heaven will be a wonderful place of no suffering, hurt, loneliness; it's a great thing to look forward to." --Lindsay ♥

Monday, August 23, 2004

A town is shaken...

Not only has this tragedy shaken the communities in which Jason and Lindsay came from... the town in which Jason and Lindsay were murdered is now, for obvious reasons, very nervous and scared (PDF) about the killer that is in their midst. Lets just hope and pray that there is some sort of evidence left behind that will lead to the person(s) responsible for the senseless deaths of my dear friend and his fiancé.


I was thinking today about forgiveness. Right now, I cannot comprehend how any of us could forgive the one(s) responsible for killing Jason and Lindsay. I have so much anger that it makes me literally shake. I know that some day I must come to forgive the one(s) responsible for these murders... because that will be the only way I will be able to move on. But for now... I cannot do that. I can't even think about trying. I try to focus my attention on how God is bringing peace and grace to the families instead... because He truly is. The Allen's and the Cutshall's have been pillars of strength. I am moved to tears by their amazing faith. What a shining example they have been for everyone... including the media! It is really cool to see how the media is being honest in their portrayal of Lindsay and Jason, because they are not leaving anything about their spirituality and faith out of the story. Jason and Lindsay's entire lives were based on their faith in Christ... and they were incredible role models. I have to focus my efforts on thinking about this instead of the killer(s)... because that is the best way for me to cope. Please continue to pray for us. These wounds are deep...

Side note: Both Jason's and Lindsay's parents will be appearing on Good Morning America either tomorrow morning, or on Tuesday morning. (This is according to Jason's sister.) If you are able to, try to catch that interview. You will be amazed at the strength of these people. God is surrounding them with His love and grace, and it is clearly evident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

NOTE: To view all posts, please go to Archives (in right column).