Lindsay C. Cutshall
[09/09/81 - 08/15/04]

Lindsay & Jason
Jason S. Allen
[05/16/78 - 08/15/04]

♥ "The sun is going down on the horizon, and all I see is the beams shining on the cliff face, and I know that God is awesome. I look around and see His Creation all around me." --Lindsay ♥                                                                                 ♥ "As I stir this Mac & Cheese, I think to myself, what a wonderful life. I've just spent two awesome days with my fiance, Lindsay. Can life ever be so perfect? Only with a person who is so great. God gives me this privilege in life and He has given me a wonderful woman to enjoy it with." --Jason ♥                                                                                 ♥ "Live for things in heaven, not on earth." --Lindsay ♥                                                                                 ♥ "Heaven will be a wonderful place of no suffering, hurt, loneliness; it's a great thing to look forward to." --Lindsay ♥

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Happy Birthday Lindsay!

Today is Lindsay's birthday... she would have been 26 years old.

In two days, September 11, she and Jason would have been celebrating their 3rd anniversary as husband and wife.


In honor of her relatively short yet remarkable life and her incredible testimony, I wanted to share again some of the things Lindsay wrote in her journals that her parents shared at the memorial service. This young woman had a true heart for Jesus! She was gentle and humble and served the Lord with all of her heart. I hope that no one who reads or hears about Jason & Lindsay's story "walks away" unchanged. These two young people were so different from most people their age. They didn't try to conform to the world... instead they lived selflessly and served others in the name of Jesus! They both had very few material possessions because such things meant little to them. Their treasures were in Jesus, their family and friends and in God's creation! They pursued and enjoyed outdoor activities that placed them right in the middle of God's creation and even found ways to serve Him in doing so.

Excerpts from Lindsay's journals are below. The last one was the one she wrote as she sat with Jason and watched the sun go down the very night that they were killed. It's very sweet to know that she and Jason spent their last moments in awe of God's creation here on earth. Only hours later, they were experiencing God's glory in heaven for the very first time, which is far greater than our human minds can comprehend!

"I greatly desire to have many crowns to give my God when I get to heaven... Nothing on earth matters in light of eternity. It is so easy to get caught up in the things of the world and forget what really matters... How amazing that we have forever to spend with Christ! The more we worship and spend our lives for Christ on earth the better we can serve Him in heaven... I sometimes think of myself as a pilgrim in a foreign land traveling through life. We are here temporarily. I should be less materialistic and give more to God. Don't waste time!"

[It is interesting that she says she should be less materialistic when, as was previously mentioned, she and Jason valued material possessions very little and had very few material possessions. Yet she felt as though she should be even less materialistic than that! What an amazing young woman!]

~~~~~~~~~~

"Heaven will be a wonderful place of no suffering, hurt, loneliness; it's a great thing to look forward to."

~~~~~~~~~~


"God wants me to know that I have a purpose and that He is preparing me for that. It's all about God! So stop living for myself and live for God. Live for things in heaven, not on earth."

~~~~~~~~~~


"The sun is going down in the horizon, and all I see is the beams shining on the cliff face, and I know that God is awesome. I look around and I see His creation all around me."



The last photo from Lindsay's camera.

1 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Jubilee on Earth said...

Hi, there... I appreciated your comment on my blog, and was unprepared for what I read when I hopped on over to yours. Reading your entries made me cry. How horrifically tragic your story is! I am just so sorry. What beautiful people and such a devout faith in God. I'm stunned, but I know in my heart that they are in Heaven, in all of God's glory. While I hope that their killer is found, I also know that true justice awaits that person. It will not matter if we here on Earth find him -- he'll have his day before the Lord.

You are in my prayers...

~Maria
http://michigal.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

NOTE: To view all posts, please go to Archives (in right column).