Lindsay C. Cutshall
[09/09/81 - 08/15/04]

Lindsay & Jason
Jason S. Allen
[05/16/78 - 08/15/04]

♥ "The sun is going down on the horizon, and all I see is the beams shining on the cliff face, and I know that God is awesome. I look around and see His Creation all around me." --Lindsay ♥                                                                                 ♥ "As I stir this Mac & Cheese, I think to myself, what a wonderful life. I've just spent two awesome days with my fiance, Lindsay. Can life ever be so perfect? Only with a person who is so great. God gives me this privilege in life and He has given me a wonderful woman to enjoy it with." --Jason ♥                                                                                 ♥ "Live for things in heaven, not on earth." --Lindsay ♥                                                                                 ♥ "Heaven will be a wonderful place of no suffering, hurt, loneliness; it's a great thing to look forward to." --Lindsay ♥

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Sentencing

Earlier this week, Shaun Gallon was sentenced to 3 life sentences, plus 94 years for additional convictions. There is definitely some satisfaction in knowing that he will spend the rest of his life in prison... but mostly, satisfaction because this is now over with. There were some heartbreaking revelations, previously unknown details about the murders, that were incredibly difficult news for everyone, especially Jason & Lindsay's families. I've read many articles this week about Gallon's history and what led him to kill, but I don't want to spend time re-hashing that here. I can't bring myself to post a picture of him because I don't want to see his face. Instead, I want to see theirs:

They died so needlessly. That's what is so maddening! They happened to be in his path that night... a completely random encounter... and he killed them because of it. It's so absolutely heartbreaking. :(

But God has brought so much good from what was intended for evil. I've written about it before. God has changed so many hearts and transformed so many lives through Jason & Lindsay's story! It is truly remarkable! And I know that Jason & Lindsay would be humbled and overjoyed to know that.

I think it was incredibly brave for Chris & Kathy Cutshall, as well as John Robles, to face Gallon in person at the sentencing on Monday. I'm sure Bob & Delores Allen would have been there too, if not for health issues in their family that prevented them from going, but they did share a powerful victim impact statement. John Robles told of his bewilderment and anger that Gallon intended to kill him, but instead severely injured his wife. Chris & Kathy Cutshall told of the unimaginable heartbreak that Gallon caused their (and the Allen's) families. They talked about Lindsay's sweet voice and devout faith and they showed videos of Jason & Lindsay, to truly drive home the point that they were real people and they were warm, funny, faith-driven and loved! The loss of them is indescribable! I hope it affected Gallon's heart in some way, although he apparently didn't show it. The Allens and Cutshalls have been so gracious, as they still harbor no hatred. They have forgiven him, but that doesn't excuse him from needing to be held accountable. I hope that they can now put this behind him and have some peace in that regard. There is no "putting behind" the loss and grief of losing Jason & Lindsay, but at least now they know who was responsible and he's in prison for life. There is some finality in that.

Here are links to news stories this week regarding the sentencing hearing and additional information about Gallon's history:

  • 7/15/19: (Santa Rosa) Press Democrat (PDF) - Jenner beach killer Shaun Gallon sentenced to life in prison
  • 7/15/19: San Francisco Chronicle (PDF) - Survivalist gets 3 life sentences in Jenner slayings
  • 7/16/19: Daily Mail (UK) (PDF) - Survivalist who confessed to killing a Christian camp counselor and her fiancé on a California beach in 2004, then murdering his brother in 2017, is sentenced to three life terms without parole
  • 7/16/19: (Santa Rosa) Press Democrat (PDF) - Inside the disturbing mind of Jenner beach killer Shaun Gallon
  • 7/17/19: The Washington Post (PDF) - ‘I was gonna kill them out of spite’: California man sentenced for murdering young couple he found camping on the beach


    Please continue to pray for the Allens and the Cutshalls. Thank you!

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    NOTE: To view all posts, please go to Archives (in right column).