Lindsay C. Cutshall
[09/09/81 - 08/15/04]

Lindsay & Jason
Jason S. Allen
[05/16/78 - 08/15/04]

♥ "The sun is going down on the horizon, and all I see is the beams shining on the cliff face, and I know that God is awesome. I look around and see His Creation all around me." --Lindsay ♥                                                                                 ♥ "As I stir this Mac & Cheese, I think to myself, what a wonderful life. I've just spent two awesome days with my fiance, Lindsay. Can life ever be so perfect? Only with a person who is so great. God gives me this privilege in life and He has given me a wonderful woman to enjoy it with." --Jason ♥                                                                                 ♥ "Live for things in heaven, not on earth." --Lindsay ♥                                                                                 ♥ "Heaven will be a wonderful place of no suffering, hurt, loneliness; it's a great thing to look forward to." --Lindsay ♥

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Weapon identified...

A new Press Release by the Sonoma County Sheriff's Department reveals the murder weapon in question. This news is particularly disturbing to me, because that weapon is a weapon used for hunting... and it brings back the tragic reality of how sick and twisted this murderer is... and that he/she/they are still on the loose! Whoever did this has ice in their veins. The "unknowns" about much of this tragedy is what is so heartbreaking... It's hard to live without justice having been done. But to keep things in perspective, I have to realize that the killer(s) will one day stand before God and have to testify for what they did...

Press Release:
Summary of Press Conference on weapon used in Cutshall/Allen murders

Tuesday, September 14, 2004 at 5:22, PM


This is a summary of the information that was released at today’s press conference concerning the investigation into the murders of Lindsay Cutshall and Jason Allen.

We are releasing firearms information on this case. Ballistics information indicates that the weapon used was most likely a .45 caliber Marlin rifle. There are two specific models that match what we are looking for:

  • Marlin Model 1894 rifle, lever action, .45 long Colt caliber

  • Marlin Model 45, semi-automatic/camp carbine, .45 ACP caliber
  • Photographs are attached to this press release.

    These weapons would commonly be used as sporting or hunting rifles. They are comparatively unique in that the caliber is not as common in rifles, and there were comparatively fewer of these rifles manufactured than many other sporting or hunting rifles.

    We are asking for assistance from the public. We would like to speak with anyone who has any information about the ownership of such weapons. Anyone with information should call the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Department at (707) 565-2185.

    We also reported that the timeframe for the deaths is believed to be from Saturday night, August 14, to early Monday morning (August 16, 2004).

    Prepared by Lt. Dave Edmonds, Investigations Bureau Manager
    Reference CR# 040818-034


    .45 caliber Marlin rifle
    Click on photo for larger view!


    .45 caliber Marlin rifle

    1 Comments:

    At 3:51 PM, Blogger Janna said...

    Amy,
    I just left a comment for you on your blog. I am not Janna Ortman, but it is funny that you should mention her. I met her sister, Melissa, at a local recreation night event for adults with developmental disabilities that I helped coordinate. I have gotten to know her quite well.

    It is interesting to hear comments from someone else who knew Jason too from Michigan. I can remember Jason's laugh too. He had the same laugh as a kid as he did as an adult. I remember thinking that when I talked to him last year at his sister's wedding and earlier this year at his wedding shower. That memory makes me tear up as I think about it. He was a very sweet person. I have been deeply affected by this tragedy.

    God bless,
    Janna

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    NOTE: To view all posts, please go to Archives (in right column).