Lindsay C. Cutshall
[09/09/81 - 08/15/04]

Lindsay & Jason
Jason S. Allen
[05/16/78 - 08/15/04]

♥ "The sun is going down on the horizon, and all I see is the beams shining on the cliff face, and I know that God is awesome. I look around and see His Creation all around me." --Lindsay ♥                                                                                 ♥ "As I stir this Mac & Cheese, I think to myself, what a wonderful life. I've just spent two awesome days with my fiance, Lindsay. Can life ever be so perfect? Only with a person who is so great. God gives me this privilege in life and He has given me a wonderful woman to enjoy it with." --Jason ♥                                                                                 ♥ "Live for things in heaven, not on earth." --Lindsay ♥                                                                                 ♥ "Heaven will be a wonderful place of no suffering, hurt, loneliness; it's a great thing to look forward to." --Lindsay ♥

Friday, August 15, 2008

Four years...

Four years ago already, it is hard to believe. Four years ago today, someone committed an unspeakable crime that took the lives of two beautiful people. A son, a daughter, someone's brother, someone's sister, a soon-to-be husband and his soon-to-be wife. I only wish I knew why... because it was completely pointless. And currently, as far as I know, there is no answer to that yet. No suspect has been caught or charged.

I'll never forget how surreal that whole week was. I couldn't concentrate at work because I was so concerned about what could have happened. Jason & Lindsay's parents had flown to California and we were all just waiting to find out if they'd been found. We all thought maybe they got lost or stranded somewhere somehow... no one wanted to think about the worst-case scenario. When word came that the worst-case scenario was the reality... it happened to be on my 27th birthday. The worst birthday of my life. A pivotal day in my life. But in God's majestic sovereignty, He was able to make that turning point not one that led to bitterness but one that led to a whole new perspective that changed my life forever. I am not the same person. In a way, I kind of reflect upon my life as "before" and "after" Jason & Lindsay's deaths. That sounds strange... but it's not the crime itself that changed me... it's the way through which God exemplified a life of commitment and servitude to Him (as He honored Jason & Lindsay's lives) that changed me. And I am not the only one.

It has been such a privilege to host this website in memorial to them. I have heard from so many people who either knew them or didn't know them, who were remarkably transformed by their story. I started this website right after their deaths because what happened to them completely shook me to my very core. Jason had been such a big part of my life growing up and I can't tell you how it ripped my heart out that his life ended in such a horribly violent way. It seemed so unfair and gut-wrenchingly unbelievable. I felt like I wanted to do something to honor him and the woman he loved with all of his heart... because that is the very least I could do. I hope that in some small way, this lifts them up... not for their glory but for God's... because they lived for Him and now live WITH Him.


Lindsay's dad did a recent radio interview with Moody Broadcasting Network that I want to share. I am always struck by the grace with which he speaks. Both of these families radiate grace... and I love that. Please pray for them as they are mourning the loss of Jason & Lindsay again today... these milestone days are not easy ones. We can rejoice that Jason & Lindsay are alive with Jesus but that doesn't mean their precious families miss them any less.

To listen to these, right-click on them and choose "Save Target As." Then save it to your computer and listen from there. Thanks!

Part One     Part Two     Part Three

"Cast your cares upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." --Psalm 55:22

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

NOTE: To view all posts, please go to Archives (in right column).